Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for heater with decent fan

"James Egan" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 07:51:09 -0500, Joseph Meehan wrote:

What is a "perforated ceiling"?

If it is allowing heat to escape then no fan is going to make it any
better, in fact a purely radiant heater with no fan would likely be best.
However I suggest you may need to address the construction of what may be
room designed for warm weather use only. It sounds like you are
wondering
why it is cold on you back yard deck in the winter.

The perforated ceiling allows heat to escape. That's what it's for. A
radiant heater is the worst solution in this case. I know, I've tried
several. The heat just rises and escapes through the perforated ceiling.
That's why a fan that blows the hot air on you BEFORE it escapes through
the perforated ceiling is a better solution.

Can you explain what material this ceiling is made of, or provide a link to
a picture? Are they anything like the plastic gridwork panels we sometimes
see on fluorescent light fixtures in commercial settings?

Entirely separate question:

Why are you trying to heat a room that's not designed for winter living in
your climate?