Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default Vises

On Nov 14, 10:59 am, Ignoramus28622 ignoramus28...@NOSPAM.
28622.invalid wrote:
I am now looking for a general purpose vise, as my Harbor Freight vise
seems to be in a not so good shape after I overtightened it.

Here are two typical Wilton vises. Is the "bullet" style vise any
better than the other?

Haven't seen anything but chink stuff on the local shelves for a long
time, even with "name" brands. I picked up an 8" Record brand vise
awhile back, Eagle Hardware had just gotten bought out by Lowe's and
was dumping all the good stuff to make room for Lowe crap lines. It
had a Really Good Price. You see them every so often in the
auctions. If they're British-made, they're good stuff. Record has
now become another line of crap.

As far as round vs. square internals, all mine have had square
innards.

Stan