Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Adam Corolla Adam Corolla is offline

Default Lead (Pb) price continues to skyrocket

. net...

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news snip----

I'll have to find one. A pair of Mor(m)ons showed up at my door
yesterday. I smiled real big and one of them, realizing my recognition
of them, said "Yes, we're from the Church of Latter Day Saints, the
Mormons." I simply told them that I didn't believe in religion and
closed the door as he started to spout Jesus at me.

Having lived in Utah for the vast majority of my life, and being married
to a wonderful lady that came from the religion, a term I use in the
loosest of possible meaning (and has long since withdrawn from that
miserable excuse of a religion), I can attest that they are very capable
of making a huge nuisance of themselves.

Prior to Susan's withdrawal (a decision she made without my assistance),
we were rudely interrupted one day by a knock at the door. It was but
one of many intrusions, by "missionaries" that had been sent,
specifically, to get me bent over.

I inquired of them, "did you know who lived here when you knocked on the
door?" "We're you sent, specifically, to attempt to convert
me?------because I'm married to a person that is a known member (of
sorts) of your organization?"

The answer I received, obviously, was "yes", that they were there to
convert me. I informed them that if they didn't call off the
dogs-----I would bloody one of them. They were admonished to never
darken my doorstep again. Believe it or not, it was strangely
effective. I have not been intruded upon since, not by the mormons.
Now if I could find a way to discourage the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Blood threats should be particularly effective on them, they'd sooner die
than receive a transfusion.

I'm sure glad the scientologists don't go door-to-door.