Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jusme[_2_] jusme[_2_] is offline

Default PROPANE "WET LEG' HELP

Yes, you are correct, Ted.

However, I plan to build a small fire under the main tank in order to raise
the pressure so that I can fill the small tanks. Don't worry I have a fire
extinguisher nearby and will have several buckets of water.

j/b

"Ted Frater" wrote in message
jusme wrote:
Does anyone know what is involved (parts and all) to install what is
known as a 'wet-leg' on a 250 gallon propane tank? This allows one to
fill the 20 lb. + bottles.

The propane company wants $150.00 to install a hose sort of like a
gasoline station hose, I think.

Thanks

j/b

A wet leg is in fact a liquid takeoff
ie theres a pipe which goes down into the tank to about 1in up from the
bottom.
This is connected to a suitable outlet on the tank outside to which your
gas co will fit your adapter hose for filling your small tanks.
tho how you plan to do thisis up to ou.
you normally need a transfer pump to do this. tho you can do it by
venting gas from the reciever tank to drop the pressure so the liquid
flows from on to theother.
A dangerouss thing to do if yournotset up to do it .