Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] res0wutv@verizon.net is offline

Default Low Voltage Lighting (Malibu lights)

I have a 200 Watt transformer running 35' of 16 gauge cable to 7
lights of 101 Watts(total), then it is split off to another 25' (16
gauge) for 4 more lights of 40 Watts. The first 7 lights always work
fine, after the split my 4 other lights work for about a minute then
turn off. I checked the split with a DVM and I'm getting only 10
Volts at the split. Why the voltage drop?? I've change the split
twice (butt splice) and it doesn't fix it... I've also try another
transformer with the same results... Seems to me the cable is causing
the voltage drop.... Any ideas? Thanks..