Chris Hodges

Default Silicone lubricant

JimM wrote:
I've recently installed a 4 fold shower screen from B&Q and the last job on
the instructions is to squeeze silicone lubricant between the hinges.
Unfortunately it looks like I accidently threw away the small sachet they
supplied so I need to source some more. Anyone got any ideas of where I may
get some of this. (It looks like clear silicone sealent but I'm guessing
doesn't set)

Having just fitted a similar unit, I would suggest that you put some
silicone grease in from the outside as well - I need to find the scahet
and do that as one of mine leaks about 1 drop per shower (possibly
because I've got it mounted so that it's screwed to the wall then
immediately turns 90° when in use.

--
Chris
-----