Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Looking for a powered RF splitter

"root" wrote in message
Radio Shack used to sell a powered 4 way RF splitter.
One RF signal in, 4 RF signals out. Supposedly something
like a broad band emitter follower.

The Radio Shack things were junk: noisy, poor high
frequency performance, not as good as a passive
splitter.

Is there anything on the market that does work?

TIA

There's plenty over here in the UK that work perfectly adequately, generally
available from any reasonable electronic / electrical outlet, so I'm sure
there must be over your side of the pond as well. Bear in mind that with
terrestrial broadcasts going digital all over the world, if the transmission
system that your broadcasting authorities are (going to be) using, is
anything like ours, then any kind of distribution amplifier that you use
needs to be specced for the digital signals, which over here means very
wideband, and very linear. In my experience, the digital signals are
actually nothing like as robust as they would have you believe ...

Arfa