Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default O/T: Old Memories

"Charlie Self" wrote

ash, at which time the Red Cross arranged for a place for us to stay,
and gave us chits for clothing at a local store, after making sure the
store was open. Again, no charge.

The donuts, coffee, and paperbacks books were free in RVN the one time I saw
a contingent of 'Donut Dollies' ... they didn't quite frequent the mostly
Vietnamese (all but me) area I was in.

But I do recall that they had the cutest little butts I'd seen in a good
while, which was worth a damn sight more than the coffee and donuts at the
time.

ARC also did better than FEMA ,when we flooded out a few years back, who
were insisting upon giving me a double wide trailer for my driveway ... all
10' x' 15' of it.

I finally gave up when the dude with the new table notebook showed up to do
a 'damage assessment' but simply wasn't smart enough to work it. He told me
he was getting $100 a house, and he was "doing" 8 to 12 a day.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/11/07