Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Hinge question

Smaug Ichorfang wrote:
Soliciting your ideas. I frequently build small boxes out of
materials 1/4" or less. The top is glued on the box then cut
apart, so I can't pin through the side. This prevents me from
using most of the common methods of hinging the top. Any ideas on
how to hinge

If the top doesn't fit into a lip on the box you could use small
strips of brass and pin/rivet/glue them on to the box and top sides
either inside or out. Could be morticed or not.
_____________

something that's 1/8" or so thick? I'm thinking leather might
work. Which side out (is it just a matter of preference?)? What
glue to use?

Personal preference. Any glue that would hold it and let it stay
flexible. White glue should work. You could use fabric or any other
flexible material.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...