Posted to rec.woodworking
RayV RayV is offline

Default Gluing long wide boards

On Nov 13, 7:58 pm, Sasha wrote:
I am building a table and I need to glue together several long and
wide (5' X 10") boards for the table top. I cannot put them through
jointer as they are long and heavy. What's the best way for
straightening their edges so I can nicely glue them together?

The tablesaw or circular saw option will work well if you have a good
blade. I flip the boards so that I am cutting the first board face up
and the second face down. That way if my blade is at 89.9 degrees
instead of 90 the boards will still be flat when glued.