Posted to uk.d-i-y
NoSpam NoSpam is offline

Default Plumb Center

The Medway Handyman wrote:
I've only ever used Plumb Center twice.

First time I wanted something around £6. Wouldn't take plastic under £10.

Cash not a problem, but the accounts are much easier using plastic - and
everybody else e.g. Wickes. B&Q, Homebase will take plastic for any amount.

Second visit for a bog standard (no pun intended) cistern siphon. £14 + !!!

B& Q rip off price £9:50, Wickes reasonable price £8:99, Screwfix bargain
price £4.

Last time I use Plumb Center.

The branches seem to vary. A few years ago I was doing a lot of (DIY)
plumbing work so asked about an account at the local branch, they guys
said not to bother and that they would give me trade discounts - and
they did. I once got something priced by them but they didn't have it in
stock, a branch a few miles away wouldn't budge from the standard price.
When I went back recently to the original branch the staff had changed
and they were much less interested in dropping the price - so Screwfix won!

Dave