Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default comments on Toro Power Shovel?

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 07:17:21 -0800, KLE wrote:

-snip-
The snow blowers made me nervous though, because of the self-propelled
feeling of them pulling forward so strongly. I felt like I could lose
control very easily, and it felt really dangerous to me.

-snip-

Is that 2 stage snowblowers that you've tried or small electric or
single stage blowers?

The electric Toro 1800 & gas powered Toro CCR's -like this;
http://www.amazon.com/Toro-38172-Pow...196235-3351623

pull themselves into the snow, but stop the minute you hold them back.
[the electric one has the switch in the handle so the motor stops when
you release it.]

This morning I wrote the praises of my 4hp toro. I walked by it later
& noticed it is 3hp- an older version of the one in the Amazon link.

That one and the 1800 are better buys for 3-400 dollars than the
powershovel for $90.

Jim