Posted to alt.home.repair
LVE2RIDE LVE2RIDE is offline

Default Solar lighting with separate solar cell

On Nov 13, 9:46 am, Andrew Duane wrote:
I'm looking at trying to put one or two solar powered lights under
some steps on my deck. Obviously, there is little sunlight that would
fall on them there, so I'd want to mount the actual solar cells about
2-3 feet away on the outside of the railing.

Is there a "decent looking" solution to this? I haven't found anything
suitable at either big box stores, or one or two electrical places. I
just want a decent light fixture, and a decent solar cell, and some
wire to connect them.

I would probably use the 45 watt solar cell from harbor freight..200
bucks or so and a marine deep cycle battery. You would have plenty of
power for the lights and would be able to add more in the future.