Posted to rec.woodworking
charlieb charlieb is offline

Default Ebay Items?

0. Other than whittling (sp?) - there are no cheap
forms of woodworking.

1. BUY ONCE - CRY ONCE

2. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

The total cost is always the same - you get to pick
how much you pay in dollars (or whatever your
currency) and how much you pay in your time,
effort and frustration. It's a balancing act and
you get to decide where the fulcrum is to be
located.

3. You can't buy knowledge, skills or abilities (unless
you pay some one to do the job - or hire a consultant
who says they'll teach you - for a price of course)

So - for under $60 - you could try and cut dovetail
joints with an "inexpensive" router and dovetail jig.
And I'm betting someone like Frank Klausz or Ian
Kirby could, if they tried, make perfect dovetail
joints with that set up. But I'm also willing to bet
that if you go this route - that you give up well
before you've got a dovetailed box you'd be willing
to show anyone - and may abandon woodworking
entirely - first impressions/ experiences being
so important.

Just my 2 cents.

charlie b