Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default 18" Mitutoyo micrometer batteries

According to Ignoramus9314 :
On 2007-11-13, Don Foreman wrote:
On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 13:12:31 -0600, Ignoramus23382

On 2007-11-12, Dan@ (Dan ) Dan@ wrote:
My digital Mitutoyo caliber takes a 357 battery. Easy to remember.
Maybe that's what you need?

I thought that 357 was the same as SR44???

1/8" H x 7/16" diameterPower:1.5 volts

You could perhaps just measure the battery compartment? 357 AKA SR44
is nominally 11.6 mm (.457") dia x 5.4 mm (.213") thick. A specimen
that was in my Mitutoyo, a G13-A, is a few thou smaller in both
dimensions. I replaced it with a 357.

Don, I will measure tonight. The SR44 battery that I bought for this
caliper, did not fit, but by a small margin.

O.K. I just went down and got mine to check. The manual, and a
label on the back of the slide, says to use SR44 (and the SR357 is
identical in size and voltage.

The SR357 which I removed from this to replace it (because the
display was getting faint) measures:

Thickness: 0.2035" (5.16mm)
Diameter: 0.4555" (11.56mm)

Note that the "battery compartment" in this one (exposed when the
door is slid off) is a circle of phosphor bronze (like shim stock) with
a leg connecting it to the circuit board, and a flat phosphor bronze (I
think) spring on the board in the center of that area, so it can adjust
to small changes in battery size.

The "code" number (from the label on the back) is: 500-323
The "model" number (from the same place) is: CD-12"
It uses cable numbers: 905338(1m) or 905409(2m)

No clue as to when it was made. Not even a copyright date on
the manual. (Perhaps there is one if I could read Japanese, but not in
English at least. :-)

The back side of the manual gives the pinout of the connector,
and the data format.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564