Posted to alt.home.repair
James Egan James Egan is offline

Default Question about converting sun room to all year use

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:58:13 -0500, Norminn wrote:

You can probably heat it well enough that you won't freeze spending time
out there. With direct sun it will probably be comfortable, but you
would lose a great deal of heat with metal/glass all around. How warm
do you want it, for what purpose?

I spend about an hour most nights out there, having a cigar. My wife like
to read the Sunday paper out there. We don't use it that much, which is
why I'd hate to spend much money heating it. Now if I could NOT heat it,
then when I wanted to use it press a button on a remote control to a
heater out there, that would be nice. I'm just afraid that without the
holes in the ceiling that it will get damp and moldy out there, depending
on the weather.