Posted to alt.home.repair
k k is offline

Default "Standard" bulb base: E26 or E27? Both?

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
k wrote:
I can't seem to find a consistent answer. I see so-called 'standard'
bulb bases called both E26 and E27, and I'd really like to know if they
are one and the same. The reason? I see fixtures advertised with one or
the other type socket. I have googled myself blue, and stood in the
lighting dept at Home Depot for half an hour on Sunday. Of course, the
kid working lighting that day had no clue.

Bulb packages say things like 'candelabra' base, or 'intermediate' base
or 'standard' base, no E26 or E27. Yet, try to buy a fixture on Ebay,
and it will require either E26 or E27.

Which is it to be?

tia,
Keith

Wikipedia says that they are the same, it just depends on which side of
the pond you're on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incande...b#Screw_thread

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Wow, thanks Jeff. I can't tell you how much time I've wasted trying to find
that out. I don't yet have wikipedia in my mental list of info sources.

thanks