Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Range Hood Wiring

The existing hood is probably on a lighting circuit, with other lights. The
new microwave will require a dedicated circuit. Typically you will install
an outlet, either flush or surface, in the cabinet above the microwave. The
microwave will have the cord and plug coming off the top right side of the
unit. You cut a hole through the bottom of the cabinet and pull the cord
into the cabinet and plug it in

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just bought a new over the range microwave. The old range hood is
hard wired, the new microwave is plug in. I was just wondering on
what my options are. I need to know what to do with the hard wire
that i will disconnect from the range hood.

Cheers