Posted to alt.home.repair
Mamba Mamba is offline

Default Distance from OTR microwave to range?

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am replacing a standard range hood with an over the range microwave.
I figure I have to move the above cabinet up. Is there a standard or
recommended distance from the top of the stove range to the bottom of
the microwave?

thanks a bunch

bob

A tough question. I know there are standards, 'fraid I don't know them.
However, consider the shortest person who might be using the microwave. If
they will be removing hot items from the microwave above eye level, that is
a dangerous situation. Then again, too close to the stovetop, and the
dangers are obvious.

There is a national association of kitchen designers called the NKBA.
Perhaps their webiste has some guidelines about this.

www.nkba.com