Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP* ATP* is offline

Default How do I use a Split bolt ? (electrical)

"Mark Rand" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:53:51 -0500, Ned Simmons wrote:

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:12:34 -0600, "William"
wrote:

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
You should also be aware that a multi-outlet circuit greater than 50A
in a residential setting is *not* code compliant.

--
Ned Simmons

Can you point me to the section of code that says this??

Section 210.3, at least as of the 2002 edition. My emphasis added:

*************
210.3 Rating. Branch circuits recognized by this article
shall be rated in accordance with the maximum permitted
ampere rating or setting of the overcurrent device. The rating
for **other than individual branch circuits** shall be 15, 20,
30, 40, and 50 amperes. snip

Exception: Multioutlet branch circuits greater than 50 amperes
shall be permitted to supply nonlighting outlet loads
on industrial premises where conditions of maintenance
and supervision ensure that only qualified persons service
the equipment.
**************

Not my code, but I would have thought that one would have a reasonable
argument for an intelligent user of a home shop that is read up on the
codes
to be sufficiently qualified to be able to service and operate equipment
that
they have installed in that shop. Maybe not...

Mark Rand
RTFM

But even the most qualified user of a home shop would not make the typical
home shop an "industrial premise".