Dave Plowman

Default HELP tuning video

In article m,
belmont5 wrote:
I have tried tuning the VCR to the TV by setting the TV to channel 8 &
playing a video in the VCR while automatically scanning on the tuning
menu, it picks up everything but the video. I have also noticed
that when the remote is set to Sky then I can switch the VCR on ok yet
when I switch the VCR on when the remote is set to TV then Channel 6
which is where Sky is tuned to becomes unwatchable due to interference.

Sounds like the VCR RF output frequency is the same as that of the Sky box.
Try unplugging the aerial feed from the STB to the VCR and see if you can
then pick up the VCR tuning signal.

But as others have said, you shouldn't be using an RF connection for
either STB or VCR - you'll lose the stereo sound apart from possibly also
picture quality.

--
*Failure is not an option. It's bundled with your software.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn