Dave Liquorice

Default oil fired boiler help

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 12:14:03 +0100, Grunff wrote:

Don't know - I don't use them. A new oil boilers isn't as expensive
as you might think, they start around =A3600.

I doubt you'd need a whole new boiler, just the burner or even just
the motor. There are many boiler makers but only a small handful of
burner makers.

Of course if an oil boiler tries and fails to light more than a couple
of times it will "lock out" and not try again. A locked out burner
appears dead apart from a light with "lock out" written next to it.
This is quite often a push but to reset the lockout. I don't know if
the lock out state is persistent across a complete power down or not.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail