Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default O/T: Old Memories

DS wrote:
If snopes is to be believed, the Red Cross only charged American
servicemen overseas. My father and stepmother both witnessed this
happening here in the US; returning vets being charged for coffee and
donuts by the red cross here on American soil. One at a red cross
sponsored dance in New York, the other at an airport in California.
I wasn't there, but they were, and I believe them. They both hold a
grudge against the red cross for this.

While perhaps true, it's likely not "the rest of the story"...they
undoubtedly weren't in position to know the whole truth.