Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Millwright Ron[_2_] Millwright Ron[_2_] is offline

Default Why do we need Unions?

On Nov 13, 9:43 am, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Millwright Ron wrote:

Government and employers dishonestly attack unions but let us get some
perspective.
Democracy is traditionally strongest where you have strong unions.
Solidarity, the Polish workers' union, brought down the Polish
communist government. Unions lead the campaign against the incompetent
dictatorship in Zimbabwe. Dictators, like Hitler, know that to
consolidate permanent power you first destroy the unions.

Our good conditions of employment came from union action over the
past century.

Unions provide the level playing field and the balance needed for
justice. Employer organization's refer to union bosses' excesses. They
ignore the excesses of the company bosses, their failures and their
obscene pay, 130 times the average workers' pay.

Why do we need Unions?

So those without the balls to join the military can feel like real
men. they can only shoot off their mouths, not fire a weapon.

Think about it! The military is basically a union. They decide what
job you can do, what you get paid, and where you'll work. They decide
who is next in line for a promotion to a higher paying job, and promise
you one hell of a retirement plan. You have excellent job security, and
you can file all the grievances you want.

If unions are so great, why doesn't everyone beg to enlist in the
military?

--Terrell says my disability is from Hurt while cleaning tables at the Mess Hall. .On my knees servicing

the officers.That is where I learn the difference between an ass
kisser and a brown noser. My knees are killing me. I love chap
stick...

prove it and my knee pads
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell