Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Veterans Day

"John Husvar" wrote in message
In article ,
Don Foreman wrote:

That's at least part of why good aids are so expensive. It's easy to
make something with some gain, but there's a LOT of microelectronics
in a good hearing aid. Mine are digital, each with five frequency
channels of different gains, and the whole works fits entirely inside
the ear canal.

I had a pair of good hearing aids and both went south after less than a
year. If you wear expensive hearing aids, don't sweat!

They didn't warranty them against bodily "fluids."

$1600 DTD.

I have a very short memory. Faulty and damaged, actually. Yet, I remember
the tekkie telling me that perspiration and moisture was the absolute worst
thing for hearing aids. Guess you didn't RTFM or have a good tekkie.

Steve