Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default NAD 2240PE bias adjustment.

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Arfa Daily wrote:

If all else fails, the temperature that the output
transistors run at on the rebuilt channel, compared to those on the other
channel, is usually a pretty good guide as to how evenly the two channels
are running with respect to one another. This should be checked with the
amp
just idling.

And the load not connected.

Graham

I've never really thought about whether or not a load should be connected
when making that assessment. I suppose it might depend on how the bias
arrangement works, or if there are any other adjustments such as offset, but
in theory, surely if it's a standard complimentary output stage, with the
output DC coupled to the midpoint, and with the amp just idling with no
input, there should be no current in the load ? If there's any kind of
asymmetry, leading to a DC offset at the midpoint, then yes, I can see some
value in not having a load connected, but also, I would suggest that it
would indicate a further problem that needed resolving ?

Interested in your thinking here, Graham.

Arfa