Posted to alt.home.repair
James Egan James Egan is offline

Default Question about converting sun room to all year use

I live in the northeastern U.S., and have a 12 x 16 sun room. It's
maintenance free, and the inside walls are vinyl aluminum siding. There
are 4 windows on one wall, and 4 on another wall, which are about 3' x 5'.
The ceiling is perforated soffit, which allows the room to "breath". I'm
considering replacing the ceiling with an insulated drop ceiling, and
placing an electric heater out there. Without the perforated ceiling, I
should loose much less heat. My question is, without the perforated
ceiling, would I have to run a heater out there all winter long, or risk
condensation? I don't want to get into a situation where I have to heat
the room for 23 hours a day, so I can use it for 1 in the winter.

-Thanks