Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G. Jerry G. is offline

Default Sony KV27EXR20 comes on with sound 10 to 20 minutes before picture

From our experience, most of the time this is caused by the CRT going
weak. It is possible to have a power supply fault that can cause this
type of symptom, but that is very rare. When the CRT is very week, the
AKG circuits keep it biased off. In the case that the CRT is taking
very long to warm up to have enough emission, the AKG circuits will
keep it biased off until the emission is high enough.

At this point, I would be looking for a new TV set.

Jerry G.
======

On Nov 12, 3:24 pm, (Barry Minchey) wrote:
Subject pretty well describes the problem. When I turn the set on, I
get the degauss sound then sound from the selected channel. It takes
10 to 20 minutes before the picture will come on. For a long time, I
just left the set on 24/7. What components could be responsible here?
I have schematics, soldering iron and have repaired this TV a few
times in the past. Would like to revive it one more time. Your help is
appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Barry