Posted to rec.woodworking
Leif Thorvaldson Leif Thorvaldson is offline

Default Old Memories

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
It was reported on the evening news that the Red Cross was attempting
to atone for the fact that they charged the troops for coffee and
donuts during WWII.

This truly angered my father who refused to give anything to the Red
Cross after he found out about it.

He directed all his charity donations to the Salvation Army in protest
of the Red Cross.

Strange what the cobwebs of time keep hidden deep in the old brain
cells.

Lew

======They haven't changed there stripes or spots in all that time, i.e.,
WTC contributions diversion and their fiasco providing help to Katrina
victims. I have stopped all donations to them, and like your Dad, opted to
donate to the Salvation Army.

Leif