Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stuart & Kathryn Fields Stuart & Kathryn Fields is offline

Default Hillary Clinton for President?

For the first time in my life, and I am 71 years old, I have donated to a
political party. In my mind the two party system has boiled itself down to
the DemocranRepublicrats or the Libertarians. I finally have a choice. I
sent $100 to the Ron Paul campaign. I was thinking that he didn't have a
snowball chance in hell of getting elected, but even if he doesn't get
elected but makes a gigantic showing, the other politicians that there is a
growing bunch of active people that are damned dissatisfied with the status
quo. Hell with the exception of his "Right to Life" leanings, I agree with
him down the line. Further the Libertarian party is the only one that quite
frankly states its philosophy and what is sees as Good.
I hope that Ron Paul, if he doesn't get elected makes enough noise to wake
up some of the idiots that allow things like Hillary's $1Mill to a Woodstock
Museum and that is a small freckle compared to the total of the special
interest add-ons that float thru the palace occupied by our
"Representatives".
"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:53:43 -0800, SteveB
wrote:

And now, looking at the dismal (and I use that word loosely because I
just
can't think of probably six or eight more that would be appropriate)
choices
we have in BOTH the Dem and Pubic choices.

****, I'd vote for Gunner for president, and I've never heard him speak.
But, given the parade of yahoos this time, yet again, the idiots on the
right are less evil than the idiots on the left. The idiots on the left
want to disarm me, you see, which threatens my physical well being _and_
my retirement plan (seen the appreciation curve on M1903 Springfields?
I have.). At least the idiots on the right only are a threat to me if I
decide to become a muslim and blow up innocent people.

And then I listen to Rush and Hannity and I get MORE depressed.

Well, to be fair, both of 'em are the equivalent to Usenet Trolls.

And then I listen to the candidates and wonder why they are not drug
tested.
And then I think if they do come back negative, do they actually believe
their own spew, and that makes me even more scared.

I was sorely dissapointed in the Bush/Kerry debates last time around,
when Bush let Kerry get away with 5 or 6 blatant lies. Why the fark
didn't he call him on the carpet right then?

I'm mad as hell, and I won't take it any more.
We're ****ed.

Not sure I disagree. I guess we should pick the single issue we care
the most about and vote accordingly. In my case it's the right of
non-criminals to own guns to defend themselves against criminals.
Others may care more about other (secondary) things more, I suppose.