Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Gasoline Spill/Smell inside of car

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:11:40 -0800, wrote:

I was taking my gasoline container to the gas station in my car to get
it refilled for the lawn mower and it tipped over and spilled into my
backseat. I cleaned it up with soap and water, but it still wreaks of
gasoline in my car.

Does anyone know of a faster way to get rid of this smell? Air
freshener doesn't help at all, it's more like a temporary remedy. Any
help would be much appreciated.

Use a fan to blow fresh air into the vehicle. This will be equivalent
to just waiting until the odor dissipates, only faster.