Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Sony KV27EXR20 comes on with sound 10 to 20 minutes before picture

I hate to toss out what was a very nice set. Do you have any thought
that the power supply board could be at fault? I could certainly
replace the capacitor mentioned above if it would do any good. I
apologize, I'm still in denial.

Barry

You could measure the output of the power supply, but the tube is almost
certainly shot. Perhaps you could find a lightning damaged or otherwise
defective set with a good tube? If you're in the Seattle area I have a dead
27" Sony console with a good tube you can have but shipping is not
practical.