Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Barry Minchey Barry Minchey is offline

Default Sony KV27EXR20 comes on with sound 10 to 20 minutes before picture

It does flash on and off before it finally comes on. What have you
found when you had that problem?

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 22:41:40 GMT, "James Sweet"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
et...

"Barry Minchey" wrote in message
Subject pretty well describes the problem. When I turn the set on, I
get the degauss sound then sound from the selected channel. It takes
10 to 20 minutes before the picture will come on. For a long time, I
just left the set on 24/7. What components could be responsible here?
I have schematics, soldering iron and have repaired this TV a few
times in the past. Would like to revive it one more time. Your help is
appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Barry

The CRT is failing. The AKB circuit blanks the screen if the emission is
below a certain point. You may be able to get a little more life out of it
by increasing the G2 voltage a bit.

David

That's certainly possible, but before condemning the CRT it's worth making
sure that's the problem. When I've seen this happen, the picture will flash
for a while and then finally come on, if it didn't do the flashing thing,
suspect something else.