Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Run boiler -cover off

In message , Cod Roe
writes
Yvonne wrote:

My first question is .... is it OK to run the boiler with the inner
casing panel removed?

Well reasonably ok, I know of no reason why it would affect the boilers
operation, but be aware of the possibility of little fingers being
stuck in where they shouldn't.

Well, for a start, it depends on whether it is a positively or
negatively pressurised boiler (whether the fan blows or sucks)

Ecomax is IIRC neg so should be OK in that regard

Secondly, what would the most likely source be and what would the
likely cost implications be?

So try observing it running for a while, also worth trying with the
central heating on.

Yeah, that's about all you can do

Leaks can occur wherever there's a joint, base of the heat exchanger is
a fave place, but you have to look - you're there,nobody else is

Cost depends on what it is and whether you just need to tighten a joint
up something else trivial

--
geoff