Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arthur2 Arthur2 is offline

Default Power Saw replacement.

Hi all.
I have an old 1000W black and decker with a max 55mm cut...about 7 years
old.
Its still good but I've seen a few web sites that have deals going on
although most are out of my range, eg makita,dewalt etc.

I use the B& D for accurate work 95% (as in bang on the line) of the time.
using the narrow side of the footplate to run against a guide.
But its nearly impossible to use the edge of the foot plate on the wide side
and the wide side is what I would use for mitre cuts to ensure that the foot
plate is flat on the piece.
The saw has also been used for cutting a lot of oak at 32 - 45mm thick
and it has often struggled to cope with this.

I don't think I need a mak or dewalt standard of saw. I just want something
with a 60+ mm cut, more than 1000W of power, fair to middling build quality
and preferably comes with a 24t or finer blade.

Hearing your recommendations.

Thanks.

Arthur