Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Buy to lets

On 2007-11-12 19:21:26 +0000, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Clive George wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message o.uk...

A clue. Coughs can be triggered by many things. Non smokers also
cough.

Clue : cough comes on when breathing in smoke.

If someone coughs its in response to an irritant - that can be
cigarette smoke granted, but a cough can be triggered by traffic
pollution, pets, allergies, pollen, cooking fumes whatever - it
doesn't mean its a health risk. Typically you choose to demonise
cigarette smoke as being the only cause.

You chose to claim that cigarette smoke can't be a cause.

No I simply said that it was one of many causes. It is an irritant, but
that doesn't mean its a health risk. See above.

Have you now
changed your position - do you now agree that passive smoking is a
health risk, at the very least by the smoke being an unnecessary
irritant?

No I don't, because passive smoking isn't a health risk. It may be
unpleasant to some, it may be irritating to some, but it is not a health
risk. An irritant of any sort is an irritant - not a health risk.

Even if it were only that, it would be worth eliminating it from public places.