Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] vasilica_1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Installing SS chimney liner

On Nov 12, 7:44 am, wrote:

Doh! If it fits a bit tight with just trying some leftover pieces,
it would seem to me the chances of getting this through the entire
length of the chimney is not good. And suppose it gets half way and
gets stuck? It's not like a tailpipe, where you can beat it with a
hammer and drive it on. This is one of those jobs where unless it
fit freely, I would not even attempt it.

Point taken. Perhaps this one's better left for an installer.

That being said, I'm still curious about the whole breaking the
chimney wall thing. Should I expect this (i.e. clear out basement
around boiler and prepare for a big dusty mess in the boiler room?)
If so, I'd rather not do in the dead of winter.

Thanks for the advice.

-Theodore