Posted to uk.d-i-y
adder1969 adder1969 is offline

Default Gas boiler maintenance - how often?

On Nov 12, 11:56 am, "Malcolm H" wrote:
I had a new Potterton Suprima installed in February 2004. It has operated
faultlessly ever since and I'm reluctant to have it serviced using the
principle "If it ain't broke don't fix it".
The burner flames look the same as when the boiler was new (blue with small
red flickers at the top).
Bearing in mind that natural gas is extremely clean, is there really any
need for frequent routine maintenance?
I'm not bothered by the cost but concerned that careless maintence might to
more harm than good.
Any comments?

I've serviced my own boiler and it hadn't been done in at least ten
years. There seemed to be nothing wrong with it and it appeared to
make no difference to the operation. My current boiler will only get
opened up if something goes wrong.