Posted to alt.energy.homepower,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.econ,misc.consumers.house
CJT CJT is offline

Default How to use FLIR infrared camera to reduce Winter home heatingbills.

aemeijers wrote:
Les Cargill wrote:

aemeijers wrote:

Anthony Matonak wrote:

danny burstein wrote:

In
aemeijers writes:

Now if I could just find a company in this small town that had one
(ANY sort of IR camera), and could come out and do a walkaround
for me. It'd be worth a C-note to me to be able to target my
limited repair funds at the worst leaks.

For the hell of it, call your local fire department
folk. They just might have one.

You might be able to do almost as well using a non-contact thermometer.
Go out on a cold night and scan the likely places, like around windows
and doors. It's slower but works on the same principle.

Anthony

Okay- a quick Google shows entry-level models of those start at
around a hundred bucks. Cute, but kind of steep for a one-time-use tool.

Uh... no.

Thanks- that is cheap enough to be plausible. I'll add it to my 'toys to
buy' list. (At that price point, I'm sure it isn't lab or milspec
quality, but as long as it shows hot or cold spots, that is all that
really matters.)

aem sends....

They were recently on sale for half price. I bought one. It seems to
work quite well.