Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus32527 Ignoramus32527 is offline

Default 18" Mitutoyo micrometer batteries

On 2007-11-12, Don Young wrote:

"Ignoramus32527" wrote in message
I have two Mitutoyo digital micrometers. I thought that they required
SR44 batteries, but, alas, they do not fit (are too thick). So maybe,
for these older micrometers, a diff. battery is required. Any idea
what is the battery that they need?

These are very big, 18", micrometers.

Wal-Mart jewelry counter (and probably many others) should have a plastic
gage with cutouts for different button battery sizes if you have a battery
or can measure the holder.

That's a great idea! (along with calling Mitutoyo). I tried calling
them once and spent about 20 minutes on hold. I will try once more.