Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
B a r r y B a r r y is offline

Default Timers for dust collector systems, how long do they stay on after you shut off your machine?

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 08:29:04 -0700, "W. Kirk Crawford"
wrote:

Greetings,

I am interested in a dust collection system, 2hp, for my shop.

What I want is when I turn a machine, there might be 12 machines, it turn on the dust collector and stays on 3 or so minutes after I
turn off that machine.

You really don't need 3 minutes to clear most single worker shop
ducts.

I simply use a Long Ranger remote, which goes for ~ $75. The remote
is clipped to the rear strap of my work apron. There are 220v and
120v versions.

Sometimes, I leave the DC running as I move from machine to machine,
manually flipping gates open and shut. If I have to stop and think
things out, I can just as easily shut it off. Other times, I can kick
the DC on, just to see if a cat is hiding behind it. G

120v Long Rangers are also very handy to turn HVLP turbines on and off
from a distance, when using long air hoses.