Posted to alt.energy.homepower,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.econ,misc.consumers.house
Don K Don K is offline

Default How to use FLIR infrared camera to reduce Winter home heating bills.

"Trygve Lillefosse" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 00:09:48 -0500, "Don K"
wrote:

"aemeijers" wrote in message

Now if I could just find a company in this small town that had one (ANY sort of IR
camera), and could come out and do a walkaround for me. It'd be worth a C-note to me
be able to target my limited repair funds at the worst leaks.

Some digital cameras and webcams already respond to IR.

There are various instructions around on how to convert them into IR cameras.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/395292...igital_camera/

No thanks are necessary. Just send me the C-note.

Unfortunately, they can only be converted to near infaread(light) nor
far infaread(heat).

Oh well. I thought we were onto something.
So near, and yet so far.

Don