Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Noon-Air Noon-Air is offline

Default Chimney liner for oil fired boiler

"Zyp" wrote in message
news
wrote:
Any 3-pass boiler (Buderus, Burnham MPO, etc) experts out there
familiar with or observe a similar stainless chimney liner
installation??

What does the installation manual say about it??
What do your local codes require??
What did the local building inspector say about it??
What did your insurance company say about it??

We are not here to do your homework for you.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the suggestions.
1. Installation manual says use a liner "if condensation is
observed." Per my earlier post, I called the manufacturer and didn't
get too much advice on what type as it's not their product.
2. I didn't think to check the code! Chapt 8 of Mechanical Code of NY
says to use liner that will resist condensate, and is in accordance
with NFPA31. I'll find NFPA31 and see what it says. Hopefully will
provide guidance on insulated vs. non-insulated.
3. Local building inspector cannot (legally) suggest anything beyond
the building code, so I'll need that NFPA31.
4. I didn't check insurance company. Not sure if they'll even
understand what I'm saying. I'll try.

I have two additional thoughts:
1. if flue gas is cooled too much within liner inside chimney, it may
not create sufficient draft up the 25ft tall, exterior wall chimney.
Is there a way I can estimate if I'll have sufficient draft? Reference
would be appreciated.
2. if flue gas is cooled too much and condensation occurs within the
liner, is it such a big deal? It would just drip down, through the
bottom tee, and into the cleanout chamber. In other words, the system
would work as expected, no?

In the meanwhile, any other suggestions or experience is appreciated.

So it doesn't say in the maual to use a flu chimney Type B vent? It
doesn't give you a GAMA guide? Interesting.

Whadya want from E-Bay??? You expect to ge the install manuals too? sheesh.