tim

Default Builders Skip - cost of,

"Toby" wrote in message
Just paid £130 for a builders skip.
9 out of 10 companies I contacted charged £130; one £150.
Seems expensive way of getting rid of a load of rubble, which will
probably get sold on as hardcore.

£105 for 'mixed waste' in York. Nearly the same price every firm
Sometimes, they will do them at £95 if it's just clean hardcore, no soil.
No additional charge if it's on the highway, although they get upset if
someone pinches the lights.

You're blooming lucky. I got told: 25 quid for the license and 25 quid for
the lights. I think the skip itself was about 65 quid if I could keep it off
road, but I can't. I gave up at that point and kept the stuff in my garage
and drove it to the dump in 10 trips.

Skip firm has an overall highway licence so you don't have to get involved.

Toby.