Posted to alt.energy.homepower,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.econ,misc.consumers.house
Jim Jim is offline

Default How to use FLIR infrared camera to reduce Winter home heating bills.

"Jeff" wrote
Or just get an IR thermometer for about $50. I recommend the mini temps,
most have a laser pointer so you can see where you are reading the
temperature.

These are generally available at higher end auto parts places; I've seen
techs use them and it is amazing.......

You'll just scan the house and you'll see the actual
temperature on the readout. You won't get the big picture, but you'll get
the job done for a lot less. Mine (Raytek MT4) has an 8 to 1 beam spread
(1' circle at 8' distance, or 1" at 8") but you can get them tighter.
Don't go broader.

You can look for gaps in insulation or even air leaks around doors. Highly
usefull.

Jeff

aem sends...