Posted to alt.energy.homepower,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.econ,misc.consumers.house
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default How to use FLIR infrared camera to reduce Winter home heatingbills.

aemeijers wrote:
drydem wrote:

On Nov 8, 3:34 pm, Joe wrote:

Video viahttp://Muvy.org

which points to ...

FLIR thermal infrared imaging home inspection, energy camera
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jXPXE0qsmjg

fyi: In the above video the IR inspection company
is using the following tool

RAZIR (Sierra Pacific Innovations) FLIR camera
http://www.thermcam.com/

I saw this particular FLIR camera priced
at 12,499.00 USD by this one particular
instrumentation company and they were
also charging 145.00 usd for a spare battery!

Fluke Ti20 at 6495 USD was less expensive but
its does not do all the fancy things that the RAZIR
does ( the RAZIR connect to your laptop with a USB
port)

Now if I could just find a company in this small town that had one (ANY
sort of IR camera), and could come out and do a walkaround for me. It'd
be worth a C-note to me to be able to target my limited repair funds at
the worst leaks.

Or just get an IR thermometer for about $50. I recommend the mini temps,
most have a laser pointer so you can see where you are reading the
temperature. You'll just scan the house and you'll see the actual
temperature on the readout. You won't get the big picture, but you'll
get the job done for a lot less. Mine (Raytek MT4) has an 8 to 1 beam
spread (1' circle at 8' distance, or 1" at 8") but you can get them
tighter. Don't go broader.

You can look for gaps in insulation or even air leaks around doors.
Highly usefull.

Jeff

aem sends...