Posted to alt.energy.homepower,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.econ,misc.consumers.house
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default How to use FLIR infrared camera to reduce Winter home heatingbills.

Don K wrote:
"aemeijers" wrote in message

Now if I could just find a company in this small town that had one (ANY sort of IR
camera), and could come out and do a walkaround for me. It'd be worth a C-note to me to
be able to target my limited repair funds at the worst leaks.

Some digital cameras and webcams already respond to IR.

There are various instructions around on how to convert them into IR cameras.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/395292...igital_camera/

No thanks are necessary. Just send me the C-note.

Don

Interesting- a 'Red Green' solar eclipse/welding viewer. Too bad my toy
digital doesn't have a protruding lens. I'll have to stare at my digital
camera and my box of old odd fittings from my collection of 'real' (aka
film) cameras and see if anything jumps out at me.

Maybe make one big enough to hold entire camera, with a tripod screw on
the bottom, and a drape to go over by head, like on an old plate camera?....

aem sends...