Posted to alt.home.repair,soc.senior.issues,misc.consumers
dpb dpb is offline

Default Don't throw away the batteries

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Dan Espen" wrote in message
If I started pulling them out every 6 months, I'd be accumulating
a bunch of partially discharged batteries.

True, but you know your smoke detectors will work when needed. ...

Interesting they actually build in circuitry to indicate when they need
changing and the recommendation is to ignore it...

Not that changing early is going the wrong direction, but has also
always seemed somewhat overkill to me too unless have unit(s) that don't
have the warning or have been ignored (hard to do if can hear at all or
just yanked them) in the past.