Posted to alt.home.repair,soc.senior.issues,misc.consumers
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Don't throw away the batteries

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Dan Espen" wrote in message

If I started pulling them out every 6 months, I'd be accumulating
a bunch of partially discharged batteries.

True, but you know your smoke detectors will work when needed. That is why
the suggestion to use up those batteries in some other gadget that is not
going to make the difference of possible life or death in an emergency, like
an MP3 player.

Hi,
Main thing is always check them with meter to assess the condition.
I take used batteries to recycle depot once or twice a year after
gathering them up.