Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Update on Baja art show

For those who responded last week, a little update/lesson:

I actually got to talk face to face with the "chair person" of the art
association that's putting on the show...
Re-learned the lesson of not relying on info passed down to me, for sure!

The fee is not $10 an item, it's $10 per ARTIST.. for a 2 day show

This WILL be a selling show..

The artist IS allowed to be there and they provide the table and chairs on both
days..

The really cool part is that AFAIK I'm the only turner in the area... I met a
couple that sells very nice scroll saw projects and a guy that does router signs
and stuff, but the only bowls, vases, etc. there but mine will be from potters..
COOL...

I'll let ya know how it goes... the show is on Nov. 24th 7 25th..
We figure that even if nothing sells, it's a bit of exposure and networking..

If you happen to be in San Felipe, drop on by Playa Del Ora and check it out!
;-]

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing